Joe as a performer
Joe’s Mid-East Ensemble performs extensively in the U.S. from weddings to university concerts. The group specializes in the use of authentic instrumentation and its lively arrangements of Classical and Traditional Middle Eastern music. Joe is also a sought after studio musician and has recorded tracks on numerous CDs with various recording artists in a variety of genres. He also currently performs with M’Oud Swing an original, progressive World Jazz Ensemble; Barakka an original Turkish World Rock group; Jaffna, Philadelphia's World Music Ensemble; and The Roddenberries, a Science Fiction Tribute Group.
Selected Past Performances:
- Several residencies & performances with Tabla Master Zakir Hussain, composer Simon Shaheen, and A.J. Racy at Swarthmore University and Painted Bride Art Center in Philadelphia.
- Accompanied Israeli composer Yair Dalal at Princeton University and Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
- Appeared at the Mawazin Music Festival, Jazzablanca, and Tangier Jazz Festival in Morocco
- Artist-In Residence for the International Children’s Festival at the University of Pennsylvania
- Collaborated with Philadelphia Orchestra cellist Ohad Bar David and Intercultural Journeys
- Concerts for Peace with Atzilut which tours throughout the U.S. and Europe including a noteworthy performance at The United Nations
- Performed with Henrik Goldschmidt, principal oboist for the Royal Danish Orchestra
- Performed with the Middle East Peace Orchestra which has appeared on several occasions in Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany, and Austria.